Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wednsday's Author Paranormal and Romance Author, C.J. Pinard



Today it is an honor and a pleasure to welcome Author  C.J. Pinard to The Creative Muses. 


Thank you so much for joining us C.J. I'm sure our readers are very eager to meet you.
 







TCM: What inspired you to become a writer? Why do you write your genre?
CJP: I had a story idea in my head about a year ago and decided to put it on paper. What was supposed to be one book turned into four! I write about paranormal and romance (and sometimes together) simply because it’s what I like to read.
 
TCM: What’s your strongest point as a writer? 
CJP: Probably the spelling and grammar, since I’m also an editor. Not that most people seem to care about that!
 
TCM: What part of the book is the hardest for you? Why?
CJP:The middle, lol. I always know how it’ll start and how it’ll end.
 
TCM: As an author, what do you consider your most difficult obstacle?
CJP:  I’m torn between finding time to write, and writer’s block, of course.
 
TCM: What advice would you give new authors that have been newly published author? 
CJP: Just keep writing… don’t give up. If you get frustrated, close the document and set a deadline for when you’ll go back to it. And always keep reading books, any books!
 
TCM: What new projects can we look forward to from you and where, when?
CJP: Upcoming in 2014 I have three major undertakings: One is called “Soul Rebel” and its tag line reads: “A vampire took his soul, he wants it back” – it’s a story about a succubus. The second is a contemporary romance called “Beneath Broken” about a veteran-turned-cop who has anger issues, but falls for a woman who has also been through a lot. The third will be a 4-book series called “The Lunar Effect” about a female werewolf who is bitten by a vampire, which causes her to have a psychic link to vampires, in which she uses it to her advantage to become a vampire hunter. I have a couple others I’m kicking around too, like a 5th Enchanted Immortals book, but I’m not committing to anything!

TCM: How has writing changed your life? 

CJP: I no longer have any idea what’s on TV or at the movie theater.

Army Sergeant Riley Forrester knew all about love, loss, and pain. He knew the love of a woman just to lose it. He had spent the best summer of his life with a beautiful single mother named Cara Reid, and then desperately needed her love to get him through a long, cold deployment. When things went horribly wrong overseas, he decided it was best to let Cara go and let her move on with her life. Cara wouldn’t be forgotten that easily, though. She had seeped her way into his heart and his dreams and Riley knew he’d never love another like her.
 
Excerpt from “Tour of Duty (When Riley Met Cara #2)”:

 I was afraid the next day would be awkward, but it wasn’t. That’s because that’s just how Cara was. She was cool and rarely made things weird between us, no matter the circumstance, and it made me love her more.

I couldn’t believe I’d fallen in love this quickly. It had taken me weeks to admit it to myself, after much denial. I would tell myself things like, “You just met her, that’s not possible” and “It’s just lust, don’t confuse the two”, and my personal favorite, “You can’t love her; you’re only here for the summer.”

Maybe the fact that I couldn’t have her was why I thought I loved her. That was yet another lie I couldn’t feed myself, and had decided one night while on patrol on the base, bored with nothing to entertain me but my thoughts, that I had admitted it to myself. I was still too afraid to tell her, though. I thought maybe it would scare her off… but again, it was just for the summer. She would be out of my sight and arms soon enough. No need to speed that up.

The truth was, I couldn’t get enough of her. After my post-sex love declaration, she hadn’t said it back to me. She hadn’t mentioned it, either. But we had made love twice more during the night, and I knew she felt the same. I could feel it coming from her, it seeped out of her body and melted into mine. But I would be patient and wait for her to say it back.
To learn More about C.J. Pinard please follow these Links:
 
Website: www.cjpinard.com


F
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment